Labels

Saturday, December 12, 2015

KRAMPUS by Michael Dougherty

The Plot: It’s the usual Christmas family reunion and young Max (Emjay Anthony) is having a terrible time. Accidentally, he summons the evil Krampus, known as the dark shadow of Santa Claus.

The Best: The attic sequence with the demoniac toys.

The Worst: The elves are a turn off and in the last 10 minutes things get out of control; the result is a true anticlimax.

The cast: I always liked Toni Collette and, as Max’s mother, she convinces in her role. As her sister, Allison Tolman also shines, but the men aren’t as good and neither are the kids.

The Movie: The author of the interesting Halloween horror flick TRICK ‘R TREAT, now focus on another famous holiday and the result is this Christmas horror comedy that reminded me of better movies: GREMLINS, PUPPETMASTER and PUMPKINHEAD. I don’t think this is going to be a new genre classic, but it made me laugh (it has some funny lines) and it has some scary moments. I liked the simple and dark animation flashback and I’m sure it would have worked better if they didn’t show us so much of Krampus. The end is ambiguous, but I can’t discuss it here, it would be sacrilege!

My Rate: 5 (from 1 to 10)








No comments:

Post a Comment